Becoming a School Baker
Supporting Riding for the Disabled (RDA) as a School Baker is easy, and it can be a fun and rewarding exercise for students and teachers alike!
Here are some great reasons to sign up as a School Baker:
- NZRDA has worked with teachers to develop a free Learning Module for students - it's aimed at Years 4-8 but able to be adapted for younger or older students.
- The Campaign teaches both students and teachers about the opportunities that NZRDA provides for people with disabilities. It also provides an authentic context to work co-operatively, with cross-curricular links.
- The Campaign provides tools for students to develop and implement a plan for raising funds for RDA, using a range of thinking tools and co-operative learning strategies.
- The Campaign is a great way to show your school is committed to your local community. We provide you with a certificate to hang on your classroom wall, as well as artwork for you to use on your Facebook page and website. We acknowledge all participating School Bakers via our Facebook Page.
- There are resources available here.
Any questions? Contact us and we'll be glad to help however we can.