Thank you for visiting the NZRDA website. By continuing to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern New Zealand Riding for the disabled’s (NZRDA) relationship with you when using this website.
The term “NZRDA” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website, New Zealand Riding for the Disabled Association, a Registered Charity No CC38921). located at Address: National Office, Unit 5, 69B NSG house, Discovery Drive Whitby, Porirua 5024, New Zealand. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website (“the site”).
The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
Acceptable Use Policy
Changes to the Site and services provided
- The content of the pages of this site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- NZRDA reserves the right to modify, discontinue or suspend all or part of the site or its services at any time without notice.
- You must not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or diminished in any way;
- You must ensure that any content you upload onto the site (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner’s written permission in order to use it;
- In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com
- You must not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation;
- You must not use the site to send junk or spam email;
- You must not use the site to conduct, display or forward details of any survey, contest, pyramid scheme or chain letter;
- NZRDA reserves the right to remove any content from any page without notice at its sole discretion;
- You must not to attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site or any other web site;
- You must not attempt to bypass the network firewall;
- You must not use any part of the site which you are not authorised to use or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the site which you are not authorised to access. This includes but is not limited to scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access;
- You must not to use or attempt to use the site for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purpose. This includes but is not limited to password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses and intentional invasion of privacy.
We don’t use our website for group fundraising – they can use our site to donate to use but any fundraising event is done as an intendent group.
Copyright in the text, images, software, logos, icons, sound recordings and HTML code, content and other copyright material in this website is owned or licensed by NZRDA for use on this website;
The site contains material which is owned by or licensed by us and is protected by intellectual property law. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the site. Reproduction of this material is prohibited other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that the material is not altered in any way and no trademark, copyright mark or other proprietary notice is removed from the material in question;
No other use of material on the site is permitted other than with the express written permission of the copyright holder;
Unauthorised use of the site may result in a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
NZRDA is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our user’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system;
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us;
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to enable you to visit other RDA group websites and others of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
NZRDA collects donations for National Office and on behalf of regional RDA’s and passes the money on at predetermined intervals. NZRDA will process receipt requests if requested on the site when making electronic online payments or in writing via email when making the initial transaction.
Unauthorised Card Use
You agree not to use an invalid or unauthorised credit card. Once a donation is made, the transaction is final and not subject to dispute unless unauthorised use of your payment card is proved. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card issuer in accordance with its reporting rules.
Protecting your Password
- Upon registration with NZRDA, you will be invited to create a password to protect your personal account;
- It is your responsibility to keep this password safe and ensure that it is not disclosed to any third party;
- If you become aware that unauthorised use of your password has, or may take place, you are advised to change your password immediately by following the on-Site instructions;
- NZRDA strongly recommends its users to select a strong password combining uppercase and lowercase alpha-numeric characters with a minimum length of 8 digits.
- NZRDA password should be changed at least every 90 days and cannot be identical to the previous 4 passwords you have used.
- your NZRDA password is unique to you, non-transferable and it is not to be shared.
Password Construction Recommendations
- Do not use your username (email address) as your password.
- Change your password at least every 90 calendar days.
- Do not use a password identical to your previous 4 passwords.
- Do not transmit your password in the clear or plain text outside a secure location.
Commonly used passwords are also not accepted. For that, NZRDA compares your new tentative password against a list from OWASP (www.owasp.org) containing 10,000 commonly used passphrases. If the new tentative password is in the list, the system will reject the input and generate an alert on the screen.
List of DO NOTs
- Don’t reveal your NZRDA password over the phone to anyone.
- Don’t reveal your NZRDA password in an email message.
- Don’t talk about your NZRDA password in front of others.
- Don’t hint at the format of your NZRDA password (e.g. “my family name”).
- Don’t reveal your NZRDA password on questionnaires or security forms.
- Don’t share your NZRDA password with family members.
- Don’t reveal your NZRDA password to a co-worker while on vacation.
- If someone demands your NZRDA password, refer them to this document.
If you NZRDA account or password are suspected to have been compromised, change your password and report the incident to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your NZRDA account is no longer needed please contact us at email@example.com and we will suspend/remove the account.
- Never use the following personal details for your password:
- Current partners name
- Child’s name
- Other family members’ name
- Pet’s name
- Place of birth
- Favourite holiday
- Something related to your favourite sports team
Disclaimer and No Liability
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this site meet your specific requirements;
- In no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damages, whether direct or indirect, arising out of your use of the site and the services provided there or your inability to use them;
- NZRDA shall not be liable to you or any third parties in contract or in tort arising out of, or in connection with, or relating to, the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event which has been published on the website or any fact, matter or thing relating to the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event (whether negligent or in breach of contract or not).
Breach of Terms and Conditions of use
In the event of your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions of use, we reserve the right to immediately suspend your access to any and/all parts of the site and the services provided there without notice and without reference to you.
- Validity and Satisfaction of Terms
- NZRDA accepts no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond the NZRDA’s reasonable control;
- If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
Fundraising and Physical Activities on behalf of NZRDA
Fundraising pages used to promote a physical activity or fitness event (each such event, an “Event”) I agree as follows:
- I agree, represent, and warrant that I have received consent from my physician to participate in health and fitness programs, workouts, exercises, or any other related activities connected to my fundraising activities and declare that I am physically fit and have trained sufficiently to participate in and complete the Event.
- I waive, release and discharge NZRDA and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers or agents involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by me including personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property arising either directly or indirectly out of my attendance at or participation in the Event. I also waive, release and discharge NZRDA and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers or agents involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I or any person under my care may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by any person or property being pushed, carried, accompanied or in any like manner by me. This includes children in child-carrying devices arising either directly or indirectly out of my or their attendance at or participation in the Event. I agree to take all necessary precautions and actions to ensure any child or person accompanying me, whether in a child-carrying device or not, is safe. I indemnify and will keep indemnified NZRDA and its officers, employees, contractors, volunteers and agents against all costs, losses or damages arising from or in relation to my attendance at or participation in the Event including the attendance or participation of any person in my care.
- I consent to the free use of my name and pictures of me in any broadcast, telecast and print by NZRDA in relation to the Event.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New Zealand;
- Any complaint made about NZRDA by either a member of the public or an employee must be referred in the first instance to NZRDA. Such a complaint should be specific and in writing. Upon receipt of a complaint, NZRDA will use its best endeavours to respond to the complaint and resolve any matters arising from it within 20 days. If, following a response from NZRDA, the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, it may be referred for consideration by the appropriate state regulatory body.